ONLINE PRIVACY & SECURITY
We appreciate the trust you place in Bergstrom MINI of the Fox Valley and would not want to jeopardize your trust in any way. Your privacy on the Internet is as important to us as your safety when driving a MINI which is why we at Bergstrom MINI of the Fox Valley believe in an active approach to safeguarding your privacy online.
You can interact and remain assured that you are protected by confidentiality, security, and your individual right to change your mind.
In certain areas of the Sites you may choose to share personal information with us, such as your name, address, or even your driving interests. We may use this information for marketing research and other marketing and service related purposes like sending brochures you request and keeping in touch by email. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, service providers, trusted affiliates and advertisers. With the limited exceptions below, we will not disclose any personal information you choose to share with us with anyone outside Bergstrom MINI of the Fox Valley or outside our related companies or business partners all of whom are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential:
• We may share your personal information with a third party in the event that a division or product line of MINI is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction as among the transferred business assets, and so that the buyer of that product line or division can continue to provide you with information and services.
• We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to respond to authorized information requests from government authorities, subpoenas or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of the Sites’ visitors, customers, employees, or others, to address national security situations, or when otherwise required by law. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Without your specific permission, we will never transfer your personal information to any third party for that third party's marketing purposes.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES Bergstrom MINI of the Fox Valley COLLECT?
As part of providing you with our products and services, we obtain 'personal information' about you, such as your name, address, email and phone number, when you submit such information to us. We also may obtain such information from third parties. 'Personal information' means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you.
We also may collect other information about your visits to our Sites and other car buying activities you undertake during or after your visit to the Sites without you actively submitting such information. This information may include, for example: your browser type and language, your operating system, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the URLs of websites you visited before and after visiting our Sites, the web search that landed you on our Sites, the web pages and advertisements you view, and the links you click on within our Sites.
For more information, see the Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies section.
HOW DOES Bergstrom MINI of the Fox Valley USE MY INFORMATION?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to facilitate efficient transactions and provide you with information regarding relevant products and services.
We may also use your personal information to improve the Sites, notify you about updates to the Sites, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission and to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
Bergstrom MINI of the Fox Valley will not do anything to jeopardize your trust, including renting or selling your personal information.
OUR POLICY ON COOKIES AND TRACKING
Cookies and similar technologies save you the trouble of reentering certain information in some areas, help to deliver content-specific information to you, and track which sections of the Sites are most popular. A “cookie” is actually a file that our webserver or the webserver of one of our third-party partners may send to your computer when you access one of our Sites. This file is then stored on your computer.
- After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on our Sites, cookies enable the Sites to “remember” that information, should you so choose. For example, in the registration area, cookies allow us to fill in your Login ID (email address) for you.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to deliver content that is tailored to your interests and preferences based on your past activity on the Sites.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to compile aggregate statistics concerning use of the Sites, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve the Sites.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE?
Our Sites may use the following types of cookies and tracking technologies, among others:
- "Session” cookies: Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our web sites, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (e.g., the site may remember previous entries of age that are outside the permitted parameters and block subsequent changes) and to collect aggregated statistical information.
- "Persistent” cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., Login ID), helping to determine what areas of the web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis.
- "Web beacons” (also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs): A web beacon is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an e-mail message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Web beacons may be placed on online advertisements that bring people to our site and on different pages of our site. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
WHY DO WE ALLOW THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS TO PLACE COOKIES ON YOUR COMPUTER?
Like most advertisers, we place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. One way we do so is by allowing network advertising companies with whom we work to place their own cookies when an individual visits our site. This enables the network advertising company to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. When the individual visits a third-party web site on which that network advertising company has purchased ad space, the advertising company can then recognize the individual’s interest in MINI products and services and deliver one of our advertisements.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING THE DELIVERY OF TARGETED ADVERTISEMENTS ON THIRD-PARTY SITES?
MINI USA, a division of BMW of North America adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (www.AboutAds.info). The Digital Advertising Alliance maintains a website where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program (www.AboutAds.info/choices).
DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, MINI USA and the Sites do not recognize DNT.
If changes to our policy are made, we'll post revisions right here, to our web site. So check back on a regular basis if you want to stay on top of updates.
PLATFORM USE RESTRICTIONS
CONTENT SUBMITTED TO US
Whether it's photos for a contest, great motoring stories or just a question you've emailed, we ask that you always use good judgment whenever you send us anything. Ultimately, any material we receive can be considered public and non-confidential and we reserve the right to use anything submitted to us without limitation.